Rowgue Vogalonga Trip
Conditions and Release of Liability
We have done our best to secure great lagoon worthy boats for this exciting event. In the unlikely event that something should happen to the boats (for example in transport, they are traveling 800km to be there) we would probably be unable to obtain replacement boats, and have therefore added a clause to that effect to our usual release of liability.
In addition, because we are booking this trip so long in advance, we cannot predict the vagaries of the Euro and the Dollar. We would hope not to have to, but should the Euro go above 1.5 Euros to the dollar in the Spring of 2013, we will need to charge a Euro pegged supplement to cover our additional costs, which would be added to your final payment.
We will be quite a group, and are planning meals at a variety of local small restaurants. If you have special food restrictions, you should be forewarned: grocery stores are small and limited in Venice proper, and due to space and time the restaurants will not be able to effectively accommodate those restrictions with special menus.
Please initial these paragraphs and sign the waiver at the bottom, and send it back to:
188 Hoop Pole Hill Rd
Please call us if you have any questions.
Rowgue Rowing Camps
IN CONSIDERATION of being given the opportunity to participate in the Rowgue Vogalonga trip and race, May 201 3
I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent that I understand the nature of Rowing Activities, both on water and land based, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a.); ROWING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death ("Risks”); (b.) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the Releases names below; (c.); there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. AGREE that Rowgue and Ludwigshafen Rudenverein cannot be held responsible for any Ňacts of GodÓ or other conditions out of their control that may arise and might prevent participation in the race.
4. AGREE AND WARRANT that I will examine and inspect each Activity in which I take part as a member of the Camp and that, if I observe any condition which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of the Activity and will refuse to take part in the Activity until the condition has bee corrected to my satisfaction.
5. HEREBY RELEASE, discharge, and covenant not to sue Rowgue LLC, Ludwigshafener Rudenverein , their administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers and employees, other participating camp organizers, and if applicable, owners, operators and lessors of premises and equipment, on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the Releasees herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account caused or allege to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees, from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as a result of such claim.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
Printed Name of Participant:_______________________________________ Date:_____________________